Orphan Foal Care | Free Guide
Orphan Foal Care
No one wishes for it, but many have to deal with it unexpectedly: the orphaned foal. It’s easy to be scared and overwhelmed when faced with this challenge. So the best course of action is to become educated.
AQHA offers the Orphan Foal Care free report to give you the knowledge to handle an orphaned foal situation. Download your copy today, and add it to your library of helpful horse tips.
In the Orphan Foal Care report, you’ll learn the crucial steps to take within the first hours of an orphan foal’s life. You’ll get an understanding of the unique needs of orphan foals and ways to care for the foal without breaking the bank and losing too much sleep.
Orphan Foal Care details a real-life example of an orphan foal and the steps his owners took to raise him to grow big and strong. It was an intense time commitment, but well worth the effort.
In this easy-to-understand, five-page report, you’ll learn:
- How to ensure your orphan foal receives colostrum
- Milk replacer options
- Bucket feeding advice
- Ways to incorporate a nurse mare
- How to keep your orphan foal from becoming a pet
- The pros and cons of chemically inducing lactation on an open mare
- Plus all kinds of ways to keep your orphan foal healthy and thriving
Submit the form below to download the Orphan Foal Care e-book.
READ THE LATEST ISSUE
- Breakaway roping phenom Madison Outhier
- Cowboys and racehorses on Mikel Donahue's easel
- 80-year American Quarter Horse breeders
- The first year-end all-around winners in Select and 13 & under divisions
- Winston Hansma and the cutting horses he rode in on