New AQHA Judges Announced
AQHA announces the list of recently approved judges.
May 28, 2015
New AQHA judges were recently approved by the American Quarter Horse Association.
Seventeen judge applicants were approved by the AQHA Judges Committee to take the judges exam April 28-29 in Gainesville, Texas. Based on test scores and other criteria, the Judges Committee then approved a list of prospective new judges that were then reviewed and approved by the AQHA Executive Committee.
The following are the newly AQHA-approved judges:
AQHA Versatility Ranch Horse judges:
- Chris Benedict, Weatherford, Texas
- Debbie Cooper, Cave Creek, Arizona
- Morgan Lybbert, Valley View, Texas
AQHA all-around judges:
- Lora Knelly-Thomas, Berwick, Pennsylvania
- John Kunkle, Cross, South Carolina
- Lisa Ligon, Aubrey, Texas
- Libby Michaud, Wahoo, Nebraska
- Eric Peterson, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
- Sara Simons, Aubrey, Texas
AQHA Progressive judges:
- Art O’Brien, Arlington, Ohio
- Kathleen Zelnio, Moline, Illinois
AQHA Specialized Level-1 judge:
- Joe Stanco, Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
American Quarter Horse judges are held to the highest quality of standards. To learn how to apply to be an AQHA judge and help improve the quality and welfare of registered horses in AQHA-approved competition, visit www.aqha.com/judge.
AQHA News and information is a service of the American Quarter Horse Association. For more news and information, follow @AQHAnews on Twitter and visit www.aqha.com/news.