Seven Must-Do’s for YES Attendees
Be sure to check off this list before heading to Amarillo July 12-14 for the 2016 Bank of America Youth Excellence Seminar.
June 13, 2016
American Quarter Horse Youth Association
The American Quarter Horse Association is excited to see attendees at the 2016 Bank of America Youth Excellence Seminar July 12-14 in Amarillo. If you haven’t had a chance, check out the YES schedule.
Before you start packing your bags, here are just a few things to remember:
- Make sure you have reserved your room at one of the host hotels: Holiday Inn West Medical, Country Inn and Suites, Comfort Inn and Suites or Home 2 Suites by Hilton Amarillo.
- Plan to attend the welcome reception the evening of Tuesday, July 12, at the Amarillo Civic Center. Bus transportation will be provided to all YES events (transportation will depart from the Holiday Inn West Medical).
- Bring pencils and paper, as there will be fun breakout sessions and several opportunities to learn new things, especially from our keynote speakers, Darley Newman and Patti Colbert.
- Bring your game face for the American Quarter Horse Hall of Fame & Museum tour and scavenger hunt. There will be some great prizes up for grabs!
- Don’t forget your dancing shoes for the dance Wednesday night.
- Pack appropriate clothing for all events, including something dressy for the banquet.
- And, last but not least, bring a great attitude and be ready for a fun-filled few days!
This event will be the highlight of your year. What better way to spend time with your fellow AQHYA members?
If you have any questions before you head to Amarillo, contact Jackie Boggs, AQHA youth and recreational activities secretary, at 806-376-4377 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on the 2016 YES, visit www.aqha.com/yes.
AQHA News and information is a service of the American Quarter Horse Association. For more news and information, follow @AQHAnews on Twitter and visit www.aqha.com/news.