AQHYA Awards Officer Scholarships
All national officers will now receive scholarships, courtesy of the American Quarter Horse Association
July 19, 2017
American Quarter Horse Association
The American Quarter Horse Youth Association is proud to announce that the national officers, starting with the 2016-17 board, will receive scholarships at the Bank of America Youth Excellence Seminar.
AQHYA officers serve as ambassadors for the Association, play an active role in the decision-making process of AQHYA and lead events and activities. Officers are elected annually at the Youth Excellence Seminar, and they uphold the objectives and purposes set forth in AQHYA Bylaws. They also represent the 11 regions of AQHYA and every youth member who resides within them.
“AQHA recognizes the incredible commitment and passion these youth officers demonstrate throughout their year of service, and we are proud to reward their efforts,” said Craig Huffhines, AQHA executive vice president.
AQHA awarded its 2016-17 AQHYA Executive Committee with the following scholarships on July 13:
- $2,000 to AQHYA President Brock Murphy of Jackson, Missouri
- $1,000 to AQHYA First Vice President McKenzie Merritt of Lincoln, Nebraska
- $500 to AQHYA Second Vice President Ty Cornelius of Mt. Pleasant, Arkansas
- $500 to AQHYA Officer Member Clara Johnson of Indianola, Iowa
- $500 to AQHYA Officer Member Jim Stors of Mompach, Luxembourg
For more information on AQHYA, visit www.aqha.com/youth.