AQHA Summer Checklist
Check out AQHA’s top-11 suggestions for a fun summer with your American Quarter Horse.
June 11, 2017
American Quarter Horse Association
The sun is shining, the grass is green and the American Quarter Horse Association has 11 must-do’s you do not want to miss out on this summer. From visiting the American Quarter Horse Hall of Fame & Museum in Amarillo to attending the 2017 Built Ford Tough AQHYA World Championship Show, you’ll have a summer to remember – a summer with AQHA.
1. American Quarter Horse Hall of Fame & Museum: Visit the Hall of Fame & Museum and explore the “Nacidos Charros: Born Charro” exhibit. Inside the exhibit, guests take a cultural tour that explores the rich traditions surrounding the charro. The exhibit will be on display until July 29.
2. Bank of America Youth Excellence Seminar: 2017 YES, which is July 11-13 in Amarillo, welcomes AQHYA members and nonmembers, ages 10 to 18, to experience this three-day, fun-packed event that offers valuable leadership skills, inspiring speakers and tons of fun. Registrations are $135 for members, and are subject to availability.
3. National Day of the Cowboy: Join AQHA in celebrating National Day of the Cowboy July 22 at the Hall of Fame. Everyone is welcome to come learn more about American cowboys and their trusty mounts, American Quarter Horses.
4. Built Ford Tough AQHYA World Championship Show: The Ford Youth World, which is August 4-12 at State Fair Park in Oklahoma City, features the world’s top youth riders and their American Quarter Horses. AQHYA members will also find success outside of the arena by competing in an array of contests from horse judging to speech. To view the tentative schedule of events, visit www.aqha.com/youthworld.
6. Hit the Trails: AQHA's Trail Ride Program, which began in 1997, annually hosts nearly 80 rides around the world. If you have a horse, you're welcome to participate! Visit our website to learn about an AQHA Trail Ride near you. Don’t see one in your area? Call 888-414-RIDE. What’s even better, Trail Ride Program participants have the perfect opportunity to earn AQHA Horseback Riding Program hours.
7. Enjoy a Horse Show: Visit www.aqha.com/showschedule to find an AQHA show near you. Whether you are participating in the show or enjoy watching the competition, you will be connecting with fellow AQHA members and making memories that will last forever. From beginning to expert riders, those specializing in dressage or Versatility Ranch Horse, AQHA shows offer good times for everyone.
8. Head to the Track: Attending an American Quarter Horse race will give your adrenaline level a boost. Visit www.aqha.com/racing to find a race near you. It could be your lucky day!
9. Summer Shopping: Quarter Horse Outfitters has a new line of graphic tees to help you share your passion everywhere you go! Pick your shirt and style it for any occasion. While you are shopping, check out all the AQHA logoed apparel and other great merchandise, as well. Get your shop on today at Quarter Horse Outfitter’s online or in-store.
10. Member Benefits: Be sure to take advantage of AQHA member benefits, discounts and savings. The benefits don’t stop there: AQHA and our sponsors are here to support members in every way possible. If you aren’t a member, join or renew your membership today to let your membership pay for itself in discounts and benefits.
11. Get Social: Spend time with the horses you love and share your #youholdmyheart stories and #AQHAProud experiences this summer. Connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, Twitter, Snapchat and Google+.
Summer is already flying by, so take advantage of these fun AQHA activities this summer and make many #AQHAProud memories!
For more information on AQHA events and programs, visit www.aqha.com.