Educational Opportunities Offered at Convention
Be sure to attend the Equine Industry Business Workshop and Town Hall Meeting March 8 during the AQHA Convention in Fort Worth, Texas.
February 6, 2019
The American Quarter Horse Association
The AQHA convention isn’t just about rule-making. The Association is also offering a full day of education for all convention attendees on March 8. The Equine Industry Business Workshop is 8 a.m. to Noon and the Town Hall Meeting kicks off at 1 p.m.
Equine Industry Business Workshop
This year, the Equine Industry Business Workshop includes a variety of topics.
This year’s topics include:
- Nutrition for the Modern Athlete and Nutrena Certified Farm Program for AQHA Professional Horsemen, presented by Russell Mueller, M.S., PAS., Innovation and NPSS Manager for Cargill Animal
- Microchipping, presented by Tom Lenz, DVM
- AQHA Animal Welfare Commission: It’s Only Our Future, presented by Eleanor M. Green, DVM, DACVIM, DABVP, Animal Welfare Commission Chair, 60+year owner/exhibitor
- Rights and Responsibilities of AQHA Professional Horsemen (panel discussion)
- Moderator – Dr. Eleanor Green
- Orin Barnes, AQHA Judge, Steward, and Professional Horseman
- Lainie DeBoer, AQHA Judge and Professional Horsewoman, member Animal Welfare Commission
- Chele McGauly, AQHA Judge and Professional Horsewoman
- Bennie Sargent, AQHA Judge and Professional Horseman, member Animal Welfare Commission
- Gary Trubee, AQHA Steward, Professional Horseman and retired judge (37+ years)
Town Hall Meeting
Join AQHA from 1 to 2:30 p.m. for a discussion about Enhancing the AQHA Member Experience, presented by AQHA Executive Vice President Craig Huffhines and Base 22 Digital Marketing Manager Ben Bishop. This session focuses on what AQHA is doing to improve online self-service for members worldwide and why it’s so important.
After that discussion, engagement specialist Clint Swindall, president and CEO of Verbalocity Inc. and Executive Committee member of the San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo, will present at 2:30 p.m. Swindall will present Reaching Generations: Growing and serving an AQHA membership with multiple generations. Clint’s presentation centers on the challenges of building a membership organization that accommodates a variety of generations. Refreshments will be served in between meetings.
To register for the 2019 AQHA Convention or for more details, visit www.aqha.com/convention.