Breeding Methods: Artificial Insemination
Your foal will fall under the artificial insemination rules if:
- The dam was artificially inseminated at the same facility the stallion was collected.
- The semen was not transported or frozen.
- If the resulting embryo was not flushed from your mare during the breeding process.
- The registration application must be fully filled out. Please see the registration guide.
- A stallion breeding report must be submitted by the stallion owner.
- The breeder’s certificate must be signed by both the mare owner and the stallion owner at the time of breeding.
- The owner of the dam at the time of foaling must also sign in box 6 on the application.
Registering your foal produced using A.I. is no different than registering a foal produced by pasture breeding or live cover. Since the semen was not frozen or transported, parentage verification for your foal may not be required for registration.*
*Refer to rule REG102.8 to determine if parentage verification may be required.