Breeding Resources: Foal Owner
You have purchased a foal eligible to be registered with AQHA. What do you need to know?
- The registration application must be fully filled out. Please see the registration guide.
- Ensure the owner at the time of foaling has signed (box 6) and the breeder’s certificates (boxes 7 &8) are signed by the stallion and mare owners at the time of breeding.
- A transfer from the dam owner to you. If you do not have this, the foal will be registered in the name of the owner of the dam at the time of foaling.
- Parentage verification may be required depending on what method was used to produce your foal.
- If your foal was produced via embryo transfer, a $100 embryo foal fee will be required.
How was your foal conceived?