Indiana Meeting, Auction Jan. 3-4
Indiana meetings, stallion service auctions are January 3-4.
January 2, 2014
The 2014 QHRAI Membership Awards Program and Stallion Service Auction will be held Saturday, January 4, at The Crowne Plaza Hotel at the Indianapolis Airport. On Friday, January 3, a trainer's seminar, new owner's profitability conference and dinner will held.
Former leading Quarter Horse trainer Janet Van Bebber and Ben Hudson, publisher of TRACK Magazine, will be guest speakers for the 2013 QHRAI and Breed Development dinner and awards presentation on Saturday night. Saturday's activities will get underway with lite lunch and social hour prior to the annual QHRAI Stallion Service Auction at noon. Ted Begley and Greg Bonfer of Equine Services Unlimited auctioneer with Tom Mosley reading pedigrees.
The stallion roster for the 2014 QHRAI Stallion Service Auction includes more than 140 of the nations leading Quarter Horse racing bred stallions. These services are for sale through auction on January 4.
All offspring for each stallion sold through the 2014 QHRAI SSA will make that year’s breeding crop eligible to be nominated for the 2017 SSA Futurity and the 2018 SSA Derby. The 2013 SSA Futurity had a purse of more than $180,000.
For a complete list of 2014 stallions services available CLICK HERE.
Schedule of Events on Saturday January 4:
11:00am - 12:00pm
- In the Amphitheater, Light Lunch and Social Time
12:00pm - 3:00pm
- In the Amphitheater, Stallion Service Auction
Ted Begley and Greg Bonfer; Equine Services Unlimited Pedigrees
4:00pm - 1:00am
- Events in Ballroom ABC
- Special Guest Speaker: Janet Van Bebber
- Buffet Dinner
- 2013 QHRAI and Breed Development Awards Presentation
Post Parade Party
Immediately after the conclusion of the 2013 Awards Presentation
- Pizza Party
- Door Prizes
- Doors to Ballroom will not be opened until 4 p.m.You must have a ticket to enter the Ballroom. Tickets will be available for purchase at the registration tables outside the amphitheater for $25 with the purchase of your 2014 Membership. VIP’s show their VIP invitation for admittance
Schedule of Events on Friday January 3:
2:00 - 5:00 pm - Trainers Seminar
- This seminar meets the IHRC continuing education requirement. If you are planning to get your trainers license in 2014, you must complete a trainer's course, which is approved by the IHRC. You will be informed about the upcoming race program for 2014, medication rules and IHRC Rule Changes.
5:00 - 6:00 pm – Dinner
- Provided by QHRAI to participants in both Seminars
6:00 - 8:00 pm - New Owners Profitability Conference
- This conference is being held to introduce new owners and update current owners about the opportunities that are available in Indiana to run for your share of the 5 million dollar race program. A great time to hear industry leaders talk about how to implement your plan to take advantage of the great program we have here!(Current owners and trainers welcome to attend too.
For additional information CLICK HERE to visit the QHRAI website.