Pick-4 Pool Record Broken at Los Alamitos
A total of $192,292 was wagered on the track's early Pick-4 on Sunday.
April 11, 2016
Los Alamitos Race Course enjoyed a new record pool in the early Pick 4 for the third time since March 6 when $192,292 was bet into the popular wager on Sunday, April 10.
This marks the first time that the pool has gone over the $190,000 mark here, and it now means that the three highest pools ever record at Los Alamitos have come this year. The previous mark of $181,059 was set on Sunday, April 3. The pool also reached $180,617 on Sunday, March 6. Boosted by this Sunday’s handle, the average early Pick Four pool for the three-night week of racing on April 8-10 was a record $151,165. The weekend average for the Late Pick Four of $99,022.
Los Alamitos offers two Pick Fours each racing night. The early Pick Four consists of races 1-4 and is followed by a late Pick-4 consisting of the last four races on the card. For free handicapping tips and Pick-4 selections, visit www.losalamitos.com and click on the handicapping link.
Los Alamitos Highest All-Time Pools In the early Pick Four
1. Sunday, April 10, 2016 ($192,292)
2. Sunday, April 3, 2016 ($181,059)
3. Sunday, March 6, 2016 ($180,617)
4. Sunday, May 3, 2015 ($178,248)
5. Saturday, October 31, 2015 ($173,339)
6. Saturday, May 3, 2014 ($172,805)
7. Sunday, November 1, 2015 ($169,963)
8. Sunday, May 31, 2015 ($168,218)
9. Saturday, June 5, 2015 ($166,269)
10. Saturday, April 2, 2016 ($165,966)
AQHA News and information is a service of the American Quarter Horse Association. For more news and information, follow @AQHA Racing on Twitter, "like" Q-Racing on Facebook, and visit www.aqharacing.com.