Your best bet for American Quarter Horse handicapping.
Night School is an online learning opportunity that allows horse racing players of all skill levels to gather tips and ask questions live with professional handicappers via a live blog and live chat interface. The program offers a live show the 2nd Tuesday of each month beginning at 8:30 PM Eastern through December 11, with the exception of major holidays. The free 90-minute program focuses on broadening horse racing’s fan base through more consumer knowledge and confidence.
You choose the show topics! Tweet suggestions to #NightSchoolBoard, or direct message @HorsePlayerNow.
- An Off-Season Handicapping Primer - by Michael Cusortelli
- The four Ts of Quarter Horse handicapping - by Ed Burgart
- First-Time Starters: Tips for Handicapping Early-Season 2-Year-old Races - by Ed Burgart
- The Morning Line: There is a Method to Predicting the Odds of a Race - by Ed Burgart
- Tapping into American Quarter Horse Racing Pools: Tips for Thoroughbred Players - by Denis Blake
- Comparing Speed: Consider the Track at which a Speed Index was Achieved - by Ed Burgart
- Speed Indexes VS. Beyer Figures - by Denis Blake
- Texas Speed Trap: Making Your Own Speed Figures - by Randy Moss
Wagering and Handicapping Guides
AQHA's Introductory Guide to Wagering is an excellent resource for beginners; it walks the reader through all major aspects of wagering on American Quarter Horses in an easy-to-read format.
Our Handicapping Guide takes a more advanced and in-depth look at handicapping American Quarter Horses. It's still a great resource for beginners and intermediates, and also includes plenty of information for the existing Thoroughbred handicapper.
Ready to try some casual handicapping? Read the Q-Racing Aces' 5-Easy Steps to get you started!
Speed and Class
Be sure to learn all about the new Equibase Speed Figure.
TrackMaster is AQHA's official handicapping services provider. TrackMaster offers a variety of handicapping products including their newQuarter Horse Speed and Class Ratings.
Need more handicapping tips?
E-mail email@example.com for a FREE "American Quarter Horse Handicapping with the Pros" DVD and printed materials.