2018 Zoetis AQHA Ranching Heritage Challenges
More than $120,000 in added money will be up for grabs at the 2018 Zoetis AQHA Ranching Heritage Challenges and Finals.
December 4, 2017
The American Quarter Horse Association
Six Zoetis AQHA Ranching Heritage Challenges and a Zoetis AQHA Ranching Heritage Challenge Finals are slated for 2018, offering working ranch horse, limited amateur working ranch horse, ranch riding, team roping and barrel racing classes, and more than $120,000 in added money.
The tentative 2018 Zoetis Ranching Heritage Challenge events are:
- January 11 and 13 – Fort Worth Stock Show & Rodeo, Fort Worth, Texas
- May 26 – South Dakota Quarter Horse Association Ranching Heritage Challenge, Rapid City, South Dakota
- June 17 – Zoetis AQHA Ranching Heritage Challenge Finals, Guthrie, Oklahoma
- August 29-30 – Colorado State Fair, Pueblo, Colorado
- September – Tri-State Fair, Amarillo
- October – National Reined Cow Horse Association Snaffle Bit Futurity, Fort Worth, Texas
- October 17 – Northern International Livestock Exposition, Billings, Montana
Zoetis AQHA Ranching Heritage Challenges highlight the versatility, soundness and willing attitude of ranch-bred American Quarter Horses. Only horses bred by AQHA Ranching Heritage Breeders can compete in the Challenges.
“These events are a great avenue for people who enjoy ranch horse-type competition,” said Kim Lindsey, AQHA director of ranching. “The challenges offer significant purses and prizes, and help showcase the ranch-raised horses from AQHA Ranching Heritage Breeders.”
In addition to the regular classes, Ranching Heritage Challenges can also offer an opportunity for Ranching Heritage-bred horses to compete in team roping and barrel racing for purses open only to them. These events are offered at show managers’ discretion and the full slate of classes offered can be found at each event’s website.
For more information on AQHA Ranching Heritage Challenges, visit www.aqha.com/ranching.