Merial AQHA Regional Championships
Your American Quarter Horse gives you great opportunities at a Merial AQHA Regional Championship near you.
You could be crowned a champion at this fun, rewarding AQHA competition!
Bring your American Quarter Horse to the 2016 Merial AQHA Regional Championship closest to you and experience an event that tests your skills in a fun, rewarding environment! No matter where you live, you can compete in the Regional Championship of your choice (exhibitors can only compete at one per year). You can win great prizes from our team of AQHA corporate partners!
Awards will be provided by AQHA for first through third place in each of the eight core classes in Level 1 youth 13-&-under, Level 1 youth 14-18, Level 1 Amateur and either Rookie OR Select amateur and buckles for the all-around winner in each group.
- 1st place – Montana Silversmiths buckle
- 2nd place – Professional’s Choice SMB’s
- 3rd place – Noble Outfitters product
Farnam all-around winners will be presented with a specially designed Montana Silversmiths belt buckle.
The Regional Championships would not be possible without the help of AQHA corporate partners.
Compete in these divisions:
- Level 1 – Offered in youth and amateur classes. Eligibility in a Level 1 class is determined by:
- Points earned in the past three years.
- Lifetime awards won with either AQHA or any equine organization or association with a membership of more than 7,500.
Find out if you are eligible for Level 1.
- Youth – specially designed for AQHYA members 18 and younger.
- Amateur – A non-pro division for AQHA members 19 and older.
- Select - A non-pro division for AQHA members 50 and older.
- Open – Reserved for our seasoned competitors and professionals, you can test your skills against the best!
With the exception of rookie and Level 1 classes, youth, amateur and Select competitors may only show owned or leased horses as defined in the 2016 AQHA Official Handbook of Rules and Regulations. Late entries are accepted for an additional fee. Contact your region for more information.
All dates and locations are tentative. Regions may impose entry deadlines.
2016 Merial AQHA Regional Championship Dates and Locations
Level 1 exhibitors placing in the top 10 in will qualify for the 2017 AQHA Level 1 championships.
June 15-19, 2016
Cattle Pre-Entry Deadline: June 1, 2016
Entry Deadline: June 10, 2016
Late fee of $5 per horse
Amarillo National Center/Tri-State Fairgrounds
3301 SE 10th Ave
Show Contact: Don Moore
719-468-9546 – email@example.com
2016 AQHA Regional Championship Dates and Location
The following Regional Championship will not offer the same awards as listed above. Level 1 exhibitors placing in the top 10 at this show in will qualify for the 2017 AQHA Level 1 championships.