More Ways To Earn Hours
As long as you're in the sadde, you're earning hours toward great rewards in the AQHA Horseback Riding Program.
Every time you saddle up to ride, whether you're at your 4-H county fair, practicing at home for the next show or completing a Junior Master Horseman activity horseback, you can earn hours for the time you spend riding, pleasure driving or doing ground activities, including training, showing and/or exercising (does not include grooming, feeding or health maintenance).
It's easy to earn rewards!
Your first reward begins at 25 hours. Enroll in the AQHA Horseback Riding Program before you take your next ride, then start logging your hours toward great Horseback Riding Program rewards!
Here are some fun ways you can log Horseback Riding Program hours toward rewards:
- 4-H horse shows
- AQHA shows
- In the practice arena
- Using Fundamentals of Horsemanship materials with your horse
- Therapeutic riding
- On trail rides
- Working on a ranch
- Completing Junior Master Horseman curriculum horseback
- Completing Fundamentals of Horsemanship training techniques horseback
- At an AQHA Trail Challenge
- At an AQHA Ride
It's easy to enroll in the AQHA Horseback Riding Program!
- AQHA, AQHYA and Amateur members, enroll in either the American Quarter Horse or the All-Breeds division of the Horseback Riding Program. (You may enroll in both divisions).
- Pay the one-time enrollment fee per division.
- Log the hours you spend in the saddle. (Riding pleasure driving or doing ground activities including training, showing and/or exercising (does not include grooming, feeding or health maintenance).
- Log your hours online or mail to AQHA regularly. The more often you submit your hours, the more quickly your rewards will roll in! All hours must be received by December 31 of each year. Time should be in hour / 1/2 hour increments.
- Earn great prizes.