Last-minute reminders for the Zoetis VRH World, Zoetis RHC Finals, Level 1 Cattle and NRSHA National Championships!
June 9, 2018
The American Quarter Horse Association
The most prestigious ranch horse shows of the year are almost here! The Zoetis AQHA Versatility Ranch Horse World Championships, Zoetis AQHA Ranching Heritage Challenge Finals, AQHA Level 1 Cattle Championships and inaugural National Ranch and Stock Horse Alliance National Championships begin June 13. Before you head to the Lazy E, please make note of the following:
- Set a reminder to attend daily exhibitor meetings starting Tuesday, June 12, starting at 5 p.m., at the Reliance Arena Patio where pizza will be served to welcome all competitors. Exhibitor meetings for Wednesday through Friday are at 6:30 p.m. at the Lazy E Cantina. Be sure to stick around for the daily awards presentations.
- Sign-up for text message alerts. Simply text SUBSCRIBE to 806-576-0913 for show updates sent straight to your phone throughout the event.
- Enjoy a great breakfast! The AQHA Cook Team will be serving breakfast Wednesday through Sunday at 6 a.m. Special thanks to the Lazy E!
- Pack your paperwork. To get onto the show grounds you’ll need Coggins, health papers and a copy of your horse’s registration certificate. Don’t forget your membership card.
- Review the working orders. Working orders for all four shows are posted. Patterns will be posted online and in the show office at noon on Monday, June 11.
- Check the stalling chart and stall assignments. Move-in starts at noon on Monday, June 11. Pre-order shavings or check on your RV spot by calling 405-282-3004.
- Need onsite veterinary care or farrier services for your horse? Contact Equine Sports Medicine, official show veterinarian at 940-465-4466. Kris Hair, official show farrier can be reached at 903-487-6440.
- Check the schedules – tentative show schedule and exercise schedule.
- Don’t forget to order your stall mat. Click here to reserve yours today.
- Get your AQHA business done onsite! Renew your membership, transfer a horse, find out if your horse was bred by a Zoetis AQHA Ranching Heritage Breeder and enroll your horse in the Zoetis AQHA Ranching Heritage Challenge, and more. Just bring your work to be done and stop by the AQHA booth.
- Try on your jacket! If you win a Ranching Heritage Challenge and/or NRSHA jacket, be sure to go straight to the AQHA booth to find the size you need and then order the jacket. Winners of Versatility Ranch Horse jackets and vests also need to try on for size before ordering.
- Stop by the American Quarter Horse Store to purchase your commemorative Level 1 Cattle Championships jacket and buckle.
- Say hello to the National Ranch and Stock Horse Association! Each of the six associations will have a booth in the trade show, so stop by and meet them.
- Make plans to celebrate Father’s Day and attend the non-denominational church service conducted by Horsemen’s International Ministry at the Reliance Arena Patio on Sunday, June 17 at 7 a.m.
- Get excited for the awards presentations and exhibitor party! The awards presentations take place after each exhibitor meeting at the Lazy E Cantina beginning Wednesday, June 13. Then the VRH and NRSHA All-Around Awards presentations and exhibitor party, sponsored by RSM, will take place Saturday, June 16, at 6 p.m. in the Lazy E Cantina.
- Your biggest source for info is the Zoetis VRH World webpage – please continue to check for updates and other information.
- Move-in begins at noon, Monday, June 11. Coggins and health papers will be checked at the show office which closes at 7 p.m. on Monday and Tuesday.
- Stall office hours:
- Monday – noon - midnight
- Tuesday – 6 a.m. - midnight
- Wednesday – 6 a.m. - 11 p.m.
- Thursday – 6 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Friday – 6 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Saturday – 6 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Sunday – 6 a.m. - 10 a.m.
- VRH trail course #3 has been moved from the stall arena to the grass area east of trail #1
AQHA and NRSHA are excited for you to be a part of this tremendous ranch horse show! Safe travels and see you in Guthrie.