Nine Reasons to Qualify for the Lucas Oil World
Qualify by July 31 for this pinnacle event for open and amateur competitors and their American Quarter Horses.
April 20, 2017
American Quarter Horse Association
It’s with good reason that the Lucas Oil AQHA World Championship Show is the premier event in the equine industry.
It takes passion, grit, dedication, skill and determination just to qualify to compete at this prestigious event. That’s exactly why your heart is going to soar when you open your mailbox to find a qualification packet waiting for you, confirming that you and your American Quarter Horse are among the best of the best.
Here’s why amateurs and open exhibitors should set their sights on qualifying:
- Compete at your level. Both Level 2 champions and Level 3 world champions are crowned in November in Oklahoma City. Qualifying for the Level 2 Championships, presented by Adequan® (polysulfated glycosaminoglycan), gives you the chance to compete against horses and riders with the same experience and skill level as you.
- It truly is a world championship show. The 2016 Lucas Oil World hosted exhibitors from 45 of the United States, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, the Dominican Republic, Italy, Mexico, the Netherlands, Sweden, Switzerland, South Africa and the United Kingdom.
- Do it for your horse. He’s your friend, your confidant and your teammate – so this one’s for him! Qualify for the Lucas Oil World, and he’ll have a nifty title added to his AQHA record.
- Sport the swag. As a Lucas Oil World qualifier, you can order special items like a buckle, jacket and plaque.
- Be part of an exclusive group. Once you qualify, you’ll join the elite group that shares the exclusive qualifier badge on social media with #AQHAWorldShow, letting everyone know you’re headed to the 2017 Lucas Oil World.
- Take a road trip. Held in Oklahoma City, the Lucas Oil World gives you the perfect excuse to pack up the RV and make a road trip out of it!
- Get insider tips at free clinics. At the show, you’ll get to attend the Nutrena Ride the Pattern Clinics taught by AQHA Professional Horsemen. This is your chance to gain some insight and ask questions.
- Claim your piece of the prize. Between purse and prizes, more than $2.3 million was awarded at the 2016 Lucas Oil World. There’s an even greater payout expected for 2017!
- #GetThatGlobe. The gold trophy and world champion buckle are two of the most coveted prizes in the equine industry. And your only shot at them is if you qualify for the Lucas Oil World.
Competitors qualify for the Lucas Oil World by earning a predetermined number of points to secure a spot in each of the classes, representing English, western and halter disciplines.
So how exactly does that work? First,
- Check the points required to qualify in your class(es). The deadline to qualify for the 2017 Lucas Oil World is July 31.
- Find shows to attend between then and now by using the online AQHA show calendar at www.aqha.com/showschedule.
- Call AQHA customer service at 806-376-4811 to verify how many points you still need to qualify this year.
The 2017 Lucas Oil World is November 2-18 in Oklahoma City. If you're in search of more information, your go-to place is www.aqha.com/worldshow.