Merial AQHA World Championship Collegiate Horse Judging Contest
Watch as the top collegiate teams compete in the Merial AQHA World Championship Collegiate Horse Judging Contest.
The date is set for the pinnacle of all collegiate judging contests. The Merial American Quarter Horse World Championship Collegiate Judging Contest takes place during the AQHA World Championship Show and this is your college's chance to have your judging team take home world champion bragging rights!
ENTRY DEADLINE: October 23, 2015
Merial AQHA World Show Collegiate Judging Contest entry packet here!
COACHES MEETING: November 17, 2015 | 7 p.m. | Sales Pavilion
CONTEST: November 18, 2015 | 7:30 a.m. | Performance Arena
Not only will the title of the “Merial AQHA World Champion Collegiate Horse Judging Team” be awarded, but thousands of dollars in scholarships will be awarded to the top three teams in each division! This challenging and rewarding event is sponsored by AQHA Corporate Partner Merial.
- All judging cards and tabulation will be maintained through an efficient Scantron system. More information and regulations will be explained at the coaches meeting.
- A current AQHA Membership is required to compete in the contest. Contestants may join or renew their membership for a promotional fee of $20. Contestants who join or renew at the show will pay the regular fee of $40. Please review the membership form in the entry packet for more information.
- Only complete entry forms will be accepted. Last minute changes can be made at the coaches meeting.
- Entry fee for contest is $150 per team.
- Entry fee for an individual in Junior and Senior College or Limited Division is $40.
- You may fax your entries by October 23 to (806) 349-6409 Attn: Jackie Boggs.
- Contestant and coach admission badges can be picked up in the Horse Show Office. Additional badges can be purchased for $60 at the Horse Show Office for contestants not pre-registered for the contest. The Horse Show Office is located in the Superbarn, next to the “Gateway of Champions.”
ENTRY PACKET - Download the entry packet here.
Your entry packet can be downloaded for your convenience. Your entry packet includes all the information to enter the competition. Your packet includes:
- Tentative Schedule
- Contest rules and regulations, including applicable fees.
- Team Entry Form
- Individual Entry Form (junior and senior colleges may enter individuals regardless of team entry. All rules apply.)
- Invoice to total all fees and provide a prepared copy for internal purposes.
- AQHA Promotional membership form (make copies if necessary)
The American Quarter Horse Association will provide scholarship funding to the college or university of the World Champion Team, Reserve World Champion Team and Third-place teams in the junior and senior college divisions at the AQHA World Championship Collegiate Judging Contest. The award amounts listed below are for each division:
- World Champion Team: $2,000
- Reserve World Champion Team: $1,250
- Third-place team: $750
The scholarships will be awarded to the school in the name of the winning judging teams. The only qualification for these scholarships is as follows:
Such scholarship funds will be awarded to the respective colleges and universities on the condition that these funds are used exclusively for the education of a student or students in your college or university’s animal science department or equine-related fields which are selected by the college or university, its scholarship organization, its professional livestock or equine interest fraternity or association, or faculty adviser of such organization.
If you have any questions at all, please contact Kate Vierthaler at firstname.lastname@example.org. Good luck to all teams and individuals. We look forward to seeing you in Oklahoma City!