Official Rules and Guidelines
Official Youth Art Show Rules and Guidelines
- All participants must be registered by the deadline, November 1, 2019. If registration is not received, student's artwork will not be judged for the exhibit. All entries will receive a confirmation email from the museum stating the proper forms were received.
- We are interested in work that captures the spirit of the American Quarter Horse and celebrate the unique love of horses.
- Submissions will be juried digitally. Submissions should be submitted at 300 dpi in jpg format.
- Digital submissions must be received no later than November 1, 2019. Entries will be juried on November 4, 2019, and notifications will be sent out no later than November 8, 2019.
- Chosen pieces must arrive at the Hall of Fame & Museum no later than November 27, 2019.
- Chosen artwork must be no larger than 15” x 19”. Artwork will be securely mounted on no larger than a 16" x 20” piece of flat black foam core with a minimum of a 1” border around the artwork. The 1" inch border allows the curator to hang the art without puncturing it with a nail used to display it.
- Contestants are limited to one entry each. Entries may be in a medium of the artist's choice but must be a medium presentable on good quality bond or drawing paper, or illustration board.
- Three dimensional pieces will be accepted on a limited basis.
- Entries using photography, or graphic design as their primary medium will not be considered for this contest.
- Entries are not to be framed.
- Composition must be original.
- Top 150 chosen pieces will hang in the Museum to be viewed by the public.
- Students eligible for entry must be 11-18 years old.
2019 Youth Art Show Artist / Artwork License
Youth artist [insert name] ___________________________________ and his/her legal guardian (collectively the “Undersigned”) hereby represent and warrant they are the legal owners of artwork submitted to the American Quarter Horse Foundation (“AQHF”) for the 2019 AQHF Youth Art Show (“Artwork”). The Undersigned hereby grant AQHF and the American Quarter Horse Association (“AQHA”) a royalty free, assignable, world-wide perpetual license to use images, likenesses or derivative works of the Artwork (collectively the “Images”) in any form of media or print for non-commercial, commercial, promotional and marketing purposes. The Undersigned also grants AQHF and AQHA to publish the name, age, city and state of the Youth Artist in any marketing or media use of the images.
AQHF and AQHA understand and agree that the actual physical Artwork itself is and shall remain the sole property of the Undersigned.
The Undersigned hereby waive any right that they may have to inspect or approve AQHF’s or AQHA’s use of the Images. Undersigned agree that any proceeds derived from the sale, publication or use of the Images is the sole property of AQHF. AQHF and AQHA agree that such proceeds shall be used exclusively for the advancement of the American Quarter Horse Foundation and its participants.
The Undersigned hereby release, discharge, and agree to hold harmless AQHF and AQHA from any liability by virtue of any blurring, distortion, alteration, optical illusion, or use in composite form, whether intentional or otherwise, that may occur in AQHF’s or AQHA’s use of the Images.
The Undersigned hereby warrant that they have the authority to grant the above license and that they have read and understand the above terms. If signing below as a legal guardian, such person warrants that he/she is fully authorized to do so. This release shall be binding on the Undersigned and their heirs, legal representatives, successors, and assigns.
Youth Artist’s Printed Name
Youth Artist’s Signature Date
Legal Guardian’s Printed Name **
Legal Guardian’s Signature** Date
**Required if Youth Artist is 17 years old or younger.
Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (806) 376-1005.