AQHA Horseback Riding Program
AQHA Horseback Riding Program
It's a rare scenario when you can get rewarded for doing something you actually love to do. Wouldn't it be great if you could earn great prizes just for riding your horse? Well, with the AQHA Horseback Riding Program, you can!
The Horseback Riding Program is rewarding participants with fun and useful prizes. Riders have the chance to earn great rewards from logoed tack and apparel to American Quarter Horse Store gift cards and much more.
The Horseback Riding Program is a great way for recreational riders to be rewarded for doing what they love. The majority of AQHA members already spend a lot of time in the saddle, and this is a way AQHA can reward them for their dedication to riding!
The program has two divisions, the American Quarter Horse division and an All-Breeds division. People of all ages, skill levels and riding backgrounds can participate. Rewards are based on time spent in the saddle, regardless of the number of horses ridden. AQHA members can log hours either online or via log sheets when taking riding lessons, trail riding with friends, or simply riding around the backyard; it all counts toward great prizes. Plus, all participants have the opportunity to purchase an exclusive AQHA-logoed denim jacket.
AQHA membership offers you a variety of ways to get involved with the various programs and events AQHA has to offer. Whether you thrive in the show ring or are looking for a trail buddy, AQHA membership offers something for everyone.
Qualifications and Rules for the All-Breeds Division
Once you enroll in the All-Breeds division, sponsored by SmartPak and Nutrena, simply log the hours you spend riding any breed of horse. As you move up through the thresholds, you earn attractive awards and the opportunity to purchase a Wrangler denim jacket. The awards series culminates at 2,000 hours.
- Must maintain AQHA, AQHYA or Amateur membership.
- One-time $35 enrollment fee.
- On official log sheets (one sheet per horse), log hours riding, pleasure driving or doing ground activities, including training, showing and/or exercising (does not include grooming, feeding or health maintenance).
- Deadline to turn in your hourly log sheets is December 31 of the current year.
- One AQHA membership is equal to one enrollment. If both members of a joint account would like to participate in the Horseback Riding Program, one of the two will need a separate membership.
- AQHA reserves the right to make any changes in the awards that are given. Awards are not retroactive. Some award colors and patterns may vary.
Log Your Hours
There are two ways to log your hours. Log frequently to receive rewards sooner.
- Download the American Quarter Horse Hourly Log Sheet and mail, email to email@example.com or fax to 806-349-6409 to AQHA monthly, quarterly or at the very latest by December 31 each year. To receive your awards sooner, send your log sheets every month or log your hours online.
- Submit or view your hours online. Use the AQHA or AQHYA membership ID number you entered on the Horseback Riding Program enrollment form and your personal identification number.