Show Management Workshops
Improve your next AQHA-approved horse show with effective management techniques.
Want to learn the ins and outs of show management and how to hold an AQHA-sanctioned show?
Become a more effective show manager/secretary by attending AQHA's show management workshop. Don't miss this exclusive opportunity where you will learn effective management techniques you can use at AQHA-approved shows!
Patti Carter, AQHA's director of shows and professional horseman, and Melynda Ackley, AQHA's manager of competition operations, will teach this in-depth workshop, which will take a deeper look into marketing, promoting, organizing, and managing AQHA shows.
AQHA workshop registration fees are non-refundable. A show management workshop must have at least 30 attendees registered. If registrations are less than 30 (21 days prior to the scheduled workshop), the workshop will not be held. Registration refunds will be given to those who have paid their registration prior to the workshop deadline, if AQHA does not hold the workshop due to the lack of registered attendees.
April 29-30, 2017
This workshop is being offered in the German language and will be conducted by Michaela Kayser and Eva Gebhard.
Click here for Workshop Details
May 24 & 25, 2017
American Quarter Hall of Fame & Museum
2601 East I-40
Amarillo, TX 79104
This will be our first webcast workshop!
- Available in person and via web
- Livestream will be the format used; click to view Requirements & Supported Browsers
- Keep an eye here for additional webcast details
- Wednesday, May 24; 8am – 5pm
- Thursday, May 25; 8am – 5pm
- Registration fee $150 (non-refundable)
- Bring your laptop and a copy of any entry forms you have utilized and would like to share with others
- Reservations to attend this workshop must be booked in advance by submitting the registration form to Melynda Ackley prior to May 9, 2017 by email to email@example.com or fax to (806) 349-6412
- $79 King/Double or $89 Studio Double; reservations must be made by May 9, 2017 to receive this rate
- Reservations made after that date will be on space available only at Hotel’s prevailing rates
You must make your hotel reservations by contacting the hotel directly:
Mention: AQHA Show Management Workshop
Mid-December, 2017 (dates to be determined)
We will post additional information as it becomes available
|SHW100.14. AQHA SHOW APPROVAL One of the individuals designated on the show approval application as show manager or show secretary for approved shows and special events must have attended an AQHA show management seminar within five years preceding the date of the scheduled show.|
|SHW100.15 Alliance approved managers and secretaries are not required to attend a show management seminar in order to hold an AQHA alliance event.
|SHW127. SHOW OFFICIALS Show officials are defined as any person performing the duties of a show manager, steward, ring steward or show secretary and must have a current AQHA individual membership. Any reputable person may act in the capacity of show official who can furnish proof that he/she is capable through ability or experience.
|SHW128.1 SHOW MANAGER Show managers shall be the person in charge of the AQHA-approved show, but may not serve as show secretary, ring steward or serve in any other capacity which might interfere with their effectiveness as manager.|
|SHW128.2 Must be at least 18 years of age.|
|SHW130. SHOW SECRETARY The Show Secretary may not hold the position of show manager or ring steward at a show at which he/she serves as show secretary.|
|SHW130.1 Accurately maintaining and recording both entries and show results, including verifying exhibitor and horse eligibility.|