The AQHA World Championship Show is the premier event in the equine industry. Competitors must reach a predetermined number of points to secure a spot in each of the classes. Competitors and their American Quarter Horses compete all year long to qualify for the honor of qualifying for this annual event and represent the disciplines of English, western and halter. The show brings together exhibitors, owners, breeders and fans of the American Quarter Horse from around the world for two weeks of exciting competition, educational opportunities and a bountiful trade show.
AQHA wants to make sure you have the information you need to keep your audience informed about the AQHA World Show happenings.
Qualifier Bio Questionnaire
The AQHA family is full of great people and amazing horses – each one with a unique story! Complete the AQHA World Show Qualifier Bio Questionnaire.
Please stop by the AQHA media office and share your story ideas with the AQHA staff while you are in Oklahoma City.
Media Credentials Requests
All journalists/photographers/videographers covering an AQHA event must apply for media credentials. Anyone wanting media credentials for the 2020 AQHA World Championship Show must apply by November 1.
Requests for credentials must be made via the Credential Request Application form on AQHA’s website, or in writing on company letterhead by the commissioning general manager, editor, news director or sports director, and must include the names and titles of those needing credentials. If a request is made in writing on company letterhead, AQHA must subsequently receive a completed Credential Request Application verifying agreement to comply with this policy.
Read the full AQHA Photography and Videography Policy.
AQHA Periodical and Brochure Distribution Policy
AQHA prohibits the distribution of magazines, periodicals or brochures on the grounds at AQHA-produced shows unless they are an official communication tool for one of our corporate, event, affiliate or alliance partners.
Distribution of magazines, periodicals or brochures without written consent from show management is expressly forbidden. AQHA may request a copy of the magazine or brochure prior to granting permission. For inquiries, contact email@example.com.
Promote Your Accomplishments
AQHA is proud of all your accomplishments in the show pen, and we want to do everything we can to offer you the tools to promote your horse, farm or ranch. Of course, we hope you celebrate your accomplishments in The American Quarter Horse Journal, but we also hope you use the resources below to send press releases to your local newspaper, advertise your accomplishments on AQHA.com or recap your personalized world championship story.
If you have problems downloading these resources, contact AQHA's marketing department at 806-376-4811.
AQHA World Show News Releases
Farnam AQHA World Championship Show
- Farnam AQHA Level 3 World Champion
- Farnam AQHA Level 3 Reserve World Champion
- Farnam AQHA Level 3 Third Place
- Farnam AQHA Level 3 Fourth - 8th Place
- Farnam AQHA Level 3 Ninth or 10th Place
- Farnam AQHA Level 3 Finalist
- Farnam AQHA Level 3 Competitor
Adequan® Level 2 Championships
- Adequan® Level 2 Champion
- Adequan® Level 2 Reserve Champion
- Adequan® Level 2 Third Place
- Adequan® Level 2 Fourth - 8th Place
- Adequan® Level 2 Ninth or 10th Place
- Adequan® Level 2 Finalist
- Adequan® Level 2 Competitor
Adequan® Select World Championship Show
- Adequan® Select World Champion
- Adequan® Select World Reserve Champion
- Adequan® Select World Third Place
- Adequan® Select World Fourth - 8th Place
- Adequan® Select World Ninth or 10th Place
- Adequan® Select World Finalist
- Adequan® Select Competitor
- Adequan® Super-Select Top Three
Nurtrena Level 1 Championships
- Nutrena Level 1 Champion
- Nutrena Level 1 Reserve Champion
- Nutrena Level 1 Bronze Champion
- Nutrena Level 1 Fourth - 10th Place
- Nutrena Level 1 Finalist
- Nutrena Level 1 Competitor
AQHA Ranching Heritage Challenge Finals
- AQHA Ranching Heritage Challenge Class Champion
- AQHA Ranching Heritage Challenge Reserve - 5th Place
- AQHA Ranching Heritage Challenge Competitor
Simply download and update the Microsoft Word documents with your name, your horse's name and your accomplishment and email it to any newspaper, TV station, radio station or magazine*. Editors may ask you to verify your accomplishments when you send your press release to your local newspaper. You can easily verify results at www.aqha.com/worldshow, and qualifiers can be verified through AQHA customer service at 806-376-4811.
For media questions, please contact AQHA Director of Communications Sarah Davisson at firstname.lastname@example.org.